- Follow D.Katie Powell Art on WordPress.com
Cat Cards on Etsy!
Stickers on Redbubble!
Search My Blog
Write while having coffee… Cards on Etsy!
My Tees on RedBubble!
- acrylic animals architecture art art journal Buddha cards challenge class color commission creativity drawing flowers furniture gods and goddesses graphite history ink painting journal landscape lojong loss making a living meditation memory painting paper pen & ink pencil portrait process recipe review ritual series sketchbook sketchcrawl tonglen tools urban sketchers virtual sketching waterbrush watercolor writing
Tag Archives: #HahnemühleDSSketchbook
10. CAT FRISBEE Every day they find more things with which to play. Many of these do not make me happy. Especially if they steal them from my desk! To hear about classes, follow me on Facebook or check out … Continue reading
9. PUCK, REDO (See post on the Puck.) When your human screws up the toss… You smack the puck on the bed to say, “got it!” That’s their cue to throw it again. The disappointment on his face when it … Continue reading
8. BOTTLE CAP Ours are the most inquisitive cats. They are easily bored and go looking for new toys. Savitri loves this… It doesn’t work well so out loss is her gain. I often find it in my shoe (her … Continue reading
Mousies are one of their three favorite toys. It is the tail. 7. LEOPARD MOUSE Leopard is silent. Leopard is stealthy. Leopard can be flipped in the air by his tail. HE FLIES! When Leopard flies he does somersaults. This … Continue reading
I am thinking these may be a little book… with funny stories attached… What do you think? 6. PURPLE MOUSE’S MAJESTY Savitri loves purple. All her favorite toys are purple, but Purple Mouses Majesty is a perfect combination of color, … Continue reading
There was Cat Squares 1… And Cat Squares 2… and the stories continue! 5. THE BAND “Ehh-ehh. Ehh-ehh.” The sound of the band game… I make a hair band fly fifteen feet! Sometimes they “WAP!” on the ceiling, oh, delight! … Continue reading
Continuing on from Cat Squares 1… 4. SOCCER BALL Savitri’s a world cup champ! She brings the ball to me in the mornings. the game begins when I throw it in the air… It sails over the studio tables to … Continue reading
I finished my Hahnemühle D & S Sketchbook and am well into my new Nostalgie journal; this is a rambling last look back, at the things I had no time to post that I can share. Sometimes I can’t share, … Continue reading
I turned to speak with her and it appeared she was walking on water. Then I saw them, huge whales just under the surface of the water. They knew her, and were coming to say goodbye. I adore whales, and … Continue reading
Pairing this great quote with watercolor doodles… Made-up flowers while I listened in a business meeting, then painted later. Don’t forget: I’m giving away to TWO lucky winners my favorite middle-of-the-night watercolor surfaces! Cold Press Hahnemühle PostCards + Goodies Galore! … Continue reading
I wrote on Rosh Chodesh about the massive changes that are happening in our lives, our family, and the world. Pages of writing and unfortunately nothing I feel comfortable sharing. I am far more likely to share my “stuff” that … Continue reading
I did this to commemorate our 4th of July — I do one every year. Ours is a unique night, and often includes a night or two before. This is because we conserve institutional and private antiquities for a living; … Continue reading
Lately I’ve been sketching design motifs in the studio; Mason Monterey is one of my favorite decorative lines and I rarely paint them! This estate of historic Mason Monterey is for sale by MPF Conservation. The sketches are from the … Continue reading
What is it about a new journal? I love the blank page — not one of those peeps who hates them. The Hahnemühle D & S Sketchbook (Draft and Sketch) is a new journal for me. I wanted to try … Continue reading
A good meal feels like it can solve anything. Or maybe it is just the cooking and the smell of curry filling the house. To hear about classes, follow me on Facebook or check out my new, improved dkatiepowellart.com “Memory … Continue reading
Late Spring walk in NW Portland; people are gardening! Passion-flowers, late daffys, lavender… seem a bit confused as we are having such strange weather! Had mom on my mind… Loving the Platinum Lavender Black ink, black with a touch of … Continue reading
I just keep the pen moving… Don’t think, just journal. Keeping this sketchbook at my work desk I remember little things all day… like the crazy stuff with the cats. Fifteen minutes for most of these, no thinking, just draw, … Continue reading