- Follow D.Katie Powell Art on WordPress.com
Cat Cards on Etsy!
Stickers on Redbubble!
Search My Blog
Write while having coffee… Cards on Etsy!
My Tees on RedBubble!
- acrylic animals architecture art art journal Buddha cards challenge class color commission creativity drawing furniture gods and goddesses graphite history india ink ink painting journal landscape lojong loss making a living meditation memory painting paper pen & ink pencil portrait process recipe review ritual series sketchbook sketchcrawl tonglen tools urban sketchers virtual sketching waterbrush watercolor writing
Category Archives: animals
Nighttime has been a wholly different time with my not sketching much. A friend has just had their first baby, a sweet little girl that may be a teenager before I get to meet her… I know that babies get … Continue reading
Many weeks ago we had a big fire downtown… Sketched it from our studio window in Robert Oster Toffee Ink with a Sailor Fude pen. To hear about classes, follow me on Instagram, Facebook or check out my new, improved … Continue reading
She is the little Squeak, the Squirt — the kitten who didn’t make it to foster care for a couple more days after her siblings were found, and so also, missed feedings and started life the runt. She’s not getting … Continue reading
Kamala was a smart tuxedo gurl kitty who lived on our deck for many years. We think she was abandoned by the previous tenants, and she was fascinated by our houseful of cats, but careful. She talked to our … Continue reading
We are working, still, harder than ever it seems. As we have no employees and the people we work with all have their own studios, it is an easy thing to do except that now we spend much more time … Continue reading
13. TAPE IS NOT A TOY We have resorted to putting it in small loops on a couple of things we absolutely cannot keep our willful, innocent-looking “kitten” from climbing. We tried squirting her with the water pistol. No deterrent. … Continue reading
Everyone enjoys a handwritten note! And a doodly posie or a work of art makes it more special… What are you waiting for? Get your writing on — spruce up someone’s life! To hear about classes, follow me on Facebook … Continue reading
Sammy held the post as Chief Studio Cat and Greeter! When clients visited, he was never shy… He came out to set them at ease and contribute to our contractual discussions. Whenever a new piece came into the studio, … Continue reading
Yamantaka is THE most obsessive smart crazy cat… He finds toys in everyday objects like no cat that has ever owned me… He brings them to both of us for inspection which is good when it is dangerous. Yup, … Continue reading
Both Yaman and Savitri watch birds; the studio windows are by far the best bird watching windows because we can see murders of crows, flocks of gulls, smaller birds, and the occasional antics of a bluejay family. We’ve also seen … Continue reading
And the showdown, water color versus ink! Okay, we know that watercolors, good ones, have light-fast ratings. This is a huge plus for sending postcards that someone might stick on a wall… PBeaux (left) should last longer than Poppy (right) … Continue reading
The little Parker Ponies are set on the table as if they racing. I see these wooden horses in movement in my imagination all the time, and what they might have been like in their glory! I’m sitting next to … Continue reading
Gibbs was limping. When you see the way the cats tear around playing it isn’t such an odd thought… BUT, he also has put on weight (he is going ot be a BIG cat) and worse, he was moving stiffly. … Continue reading
The Tasmanian walk by Debi Taylor this month was glorious, and surprisingly, the critter caught my eye to sketch. I began with an Echidna , or Spiny Any Eater. Reminded me of our porcupines! I almost liked him better just … Continue reading
10. CAT FRISBEE Every day they find more things with which to play. Many of these do not make me happy. Especially if they steal them from my desk! To hear about classes, follow me on Facebook or check out … Continue reading
9. PUCK, REDO (See post on the Puck.) When your human screws up the toss… You smack the puck on the bed to say, “got it!” That’s their cue to throw it again. The disappointment on his face when it … Continue reading