- Follow D.Katie Powell Art on WordPress.com
Cat Cards on Etsy!
Stickers on Redbubble!
Search My Blog
Write while having coffee… Cards on Etsy!
My Tees on RedBubble!
- acrylic animals architecture art art journal Buddha cards challenge class color commentary commission creativity drawing furniture gods and goddesses graphite history india ink ink painting journal landscape lojong loss making a living meditation memory painting paper pen & ink pencil portrait process recipe review ritual series sketchbook tonglen tools urban sketchers virtual sketching waterbrush watercolor writing
Tag Archives: #ilovemycats
She is the cheeriest most amorous cat, my swooshy shadow cat! To hear about classes, follow me on Facebook or check out my new, improved dkatiepowellart.com “Memory is more indelible than ink.” Anita Loos, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. “I think not….” … Continue reading
HA HA HA HAHAHAAAA! I don’t know what we’d do without the cats for laughs… Tough pose, finally tackled it, not liking it… Good practice but yeows, I need to do this again… foreshortened legs, all so very wrong! To … Continue reading
She is incorrigible… A climber, and as she is an indoor, and mostly in studio cat, she climbs the metal racks (scares the crap out of us) and then makes sure we see her. We’ve put kleenex boxes in all … Continue reading
I don’t know what we’d do without the cats… Yaman only has eyes for Mitchell… always waiting waiting or following him. To hear about classes, follow me on Facebook or check out my new, improved dkatiepowellart.com “Memory is more indelible … Continue reading
Liza is a commission for a friend to gift in remembrance of her furbaby! I started several versions of her, and the difficulty was that she was white, white, and grey… and white! White is harder to define… Finally the … Continue reading
I don’t know what we’d do without the cats… Mitchell and I each bring different things to the play. I build forts; Mitchell does Willie Mays. Crinkly paper that comes in Chewy boxes, and the Give a Crap boxes, with … Continue reading
I had the pleasure to create a sweet painting of a little apricot and grey tortie. I love tortoise shell cats, and the big bummer is that I did not get a picture of her finished! She’s lost her whiskers … Continue reading
Kamala was a smart tuxedo gurl kitty who lived on our deck for many years. We think she was abandoned by the previous tenants, and she was fascinated by our houseful of cats, but careful. She talked to our … Continue reading
13. TAPE IS NOT A TOY We have resorted to putting it in small loops on a couple of things we absolutely cannot keep our willful, innocent-looking “kitten” from climbing. We tried squirting her with the water pistol. No deterrent. … Continue reading
I’ve studied through the slogans a dozen times in my life; these are my musings on the slogan currently, what comes up on the day that I am posting the slogan, not a formal interpretation. For that reason they are … Continue reading
Sammy held the post as Chief Studio Cat and Greeter! When clients visited, he was never shy… He came out to set them at ease and contribute to our contractual discussions. Whenever a new piece came into the studio, … Continue reading
Yamantaka is THE most obsessive smart crazy cat… He finds toys in everyday objects like no cat that has ever owned me… He brings them to both of us for inspection which is good when it is dangerous. Yup, … Continue reading
Both Yaman and Savitri watch birds; the studio windows are by far the best bird watching windows because we can see murders of crows, flocks of gulls, smaller birds, and the occasional antics of a bluejay family. We’ve also seen … Continue reading
10. CAT FRISBEE Every day they find more things with which to play. Many of these do not make me happy. Especially if they steal them from my desk! To hear about classes, follow me on Facebook or check out … Continue reading
9. PUCK, REDO (See post on the Puck.) When your human screws up the toss… You smack the puck on the bed to say, “got it!” That’s their cue to throw it again. The disappointment on his face when it … Continue reading
8. BOTTLE CAP Ours are the most inquisitive cats. They are easily bored and go looking for new toys. Savitri loves this… It doesn’t work well so out loss is her gain. I often find it in my shoe (her … Continue reading
Mousies are one of their three favorite toys. It is the tail. 7. LEOPARD MOUSE Leopard is silent. Leopard is stealthy. Leopard can be flipped in the air by his tail. HE FLIES! When Leopard flies he does somersaults. This … Continue reading