1) Mitchell and I have both had increasing arthritic issues,
and kept talking about going on a cleansing diet but oatmeal cookies and ice cream kept finding their way int our groceries (how does that happen?)
NOW we are on a cleansing diet… and I can feel the shift in my body feeling better.
2) Losing weight. Both of us.
3) Not taking food for granted. Let me explain.
We are meat eaters, but don’t eat meat regularly… and make sure it is both organic (if possible — you can’t do that with beef) and dispatched in a humane way.
I always had a package of something that I could pop into our little oven here at the studio if we were working late and in a hurry, and I didn’t give it much thought.
Now,living mostly on beans and rice, I am paying attention to the flavors, making that a priority as much as any other important activity.
4) And I am SO grateful for all the food at our table, anytime.
I mean praying again, giving thanks.
5) And I am playing with new flavors… otherwise, beans and rice can get boring.
6) We are pretty good about having clean rags to reach for instead of paper towels, but with the level of cleaning we are doing now at home and office, it is essential — so,
shockingly, we’ve cut our consumption to a roll in two weeks!
That won’t change as Rona moves on, because it is habit now.
So, looking for the pony in this shit time!
What are you grateful for?
“Memory is more indelible than ink.”
Anita Loos, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
“I think not….”
Me… why I journal!
Hahnemühle Toned Watercolour Book (coming soon to a dealer),
Diplomat Aero with Robert Oster Blue Denin ink,
Vintage Pelikan P20 Twist Fountain Pen with Pelikan Black ink,
Platinum Carbon Pen with Platinum Carbon ink waterproof cartridges,
Holbein, MGraham, DS Primatek and Daniel Smith watercolors.
©D. Katie Powell.
My images/blog posts may be reposted; please link back to dkatiepowellart.
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As my Patreon supporter, you will have
access to some content not on this website,
sneak previews, goodies, discounts on classes.
I teach architectural sketching,
art journaling (art+writing), creativity, watercolors.
That annoying loud-mouth editor/critic in your head? GONE! How great would that be?