As I am pulling my zenkatwrites blog into my dkatiepowellart blog,
and as I am getting back into regular blogging with my blogging buddies
(I have missed you guys) I am committing to Stream of Consciousness Saturday.
Rules at the bottom if you’d like to play along.
The idea is to write with a prompt without editing.
I set a timer. I am also picking an image for the prompt…
stealthily she slinks up the bedcovers every time i pull my lap pad out to draw, coming right up and under my right arm, bumping it and sending ink across the page if I don’t stop in time…. does she know that I am captive or is it her female contrariness (and oh she has a lot of those feminine wiles and pushes those boundaries in so many ways) that makes her come just when i settle on sketching? Between Savitri and Gibbs I am not getting my middle-of-the-night sketching done and because I have NO time during the day right now I’m stuck as to when I get my mark-making time in… my sanity relies on it! Gibbs is forthright and obvious about his timing, and comes to me whenever… He wakes, he comes for cuddles, gets tired of cuddles, leaves…. i swear she waits until she sees me pull out the pens… or does she hear their sketching sounds? i managed to get a sketch done last night but then when i wanted to push the ink around with the waterbrush
wow she loved that and began pushing it with her paw. that is usually a Gibbs move, pawing the pencil and the pens and the phone especially now that he and Mitchell have
the ritual of watching cat videos in bed at night when he comes for a cuddle… Gibbs wants cat videos from me as well but I am looking at art which does not interest him at all no meows no movement of cat tails and toys batted around.
Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “ends with -ly.”
Start your post with any adverb that ends in “-ly.”
Bonus points if you end with an adverb too. Have fun!
Here are the rules, as posted on Linda’s blog; feel free to join the fun!
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
As my Patreon supporter, you will have
access to some content not on this website,
sneak previews, goodies, discounts on classes.
I teach architectural sketching,
art journaling (art+writing), creativity, watercolors.
That annoying loud-mouth editor/critic in your head? GONE! How great would that be?