Will you speak for peace?
Social media and news in recent times has been filled with hate and negativity.
Just as you cannot fight darkness, only light lamps, hate and negativity cannot be fought. We will bring love and happiness forward, creating an oasis!
Announcing We Are The World Blogfest
“We Are the World Blogfest” seeks to promote positive news.
There are stories of love and light and compassion and the resilience of the human spirit. Sharing these stories increases our awareness of hope in our increasingly dark world.
You can share one you’ve read or tell one you witnessed!
Our co-hosts who will follow and assist:
Belinda Witzenhausen, Carol Walsh,
Chrissie Parker, Damyanti Biswas,
Emerald Barnes, Eric Lahti,
Inderpreet Kaur Uppal, Lynn Hallbrooks,
Mary Giese, Michelle Wallace,
Peter Nena, Roshan Radhakrishnan,
Simon Falk, Susan Scott,
Sylvia Stein, Sylvia McGrath,
and of course, myself!
We will link to charities supported by the co-hosts,
and you could choose to donate to some of them or
add links to local charities you support,
so we could all chip in to a good cause if we like.
Let us flood social media with peace and love, and “In Darkness, Be Light.”
The first post for We Are The World Blogfest is 31st March 2017.
- The blogfest takes place the last Friday of each month.
- It is suggested that you keep your post to around 500 words so many can be visited.
- You can link to a human news story, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Something like this news, about a man who only fosters terminally ill children. Or tell/sketch one of your own!
- Share news that warms the cockles of your heart. No story is too big or small! Think of stories that show compassion, neighborliness, caring, sweetness — into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar (more sizes below).
- Help us spread the word on social media: Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month are welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
Sign up in the WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below
if you want to join us and be visited on the 31st when you post your article!
Please help spread the word via the hashtag #WATWB.
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
Powered by Linky Tools (BTW I am new to Linky so if there are problems please tell me!
Extra images for you to use in your posts, below!
To hear about classes on art journaling, follow me on Facebook!
©D. Katie Powell.
My images/blog posts may be reposted; please link back to dkatiepowellart.
Let’s speak for light and share it across the world. Glad to connect.
Been going through some of your sketches here since I arrived at the site. They look lovely. Here’s looking forward to seeing more as the blogfest progresses 🙂
I am looking forward to it too!
Thanks so much for joining us! Looking forward to reading more posts and spreading the word about #WATWB! 🙂
I like the way you centred your post, Katie. It’s inviting. See you on the journey! 🙂
Thanks Simon! I am looking forward to it. I hope some artists decide to join in!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes. Me too. Would like to see them.
Nice to meet you, Kate! I’m looking forward to spreading light, love and positivity! 🙂
Pingback: Sharukh | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: Cheryl | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: Dan | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: Tools: Hahnemühle Grey Journal | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: WATWB: Roy DeLeon | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: WATWB: Love Can Change the World | Zenkatwrites's Blog
Pingback: Zenkatwrites's Blog
Pingback: Meditating Cat | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: #WATWB: the Afghan Women’s Writing Project | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: We Are The World Blogfest Bob Sima | Zenkatwrites's Blog
Pingback: Yamantaka Loves Dangly Thangs | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: WATWB: Pema Chödrön on Fear and Fearlessness | Zenkatwrites's Blog
Pingback: WATWB: Ietef Vita: Healing His Community! | Zenkatwrites's Blog
Pingback: WATWB: Longreads Candace Rardon | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: Wendell Berry Palm | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: From On Being | Zenkatwrites's Blog
Pingback: Quan Yin and Mimi’s Clock Pins | D.Katie Powell Art
Pingback: Full Moon of Kurma Jayanti | D.Katie Powell Art